Thursday, June 26, 2008

Good Wife??

I'm helping Matt with his training and he needs to work on his swimming. So a couple weeks ago a neighbor friend of ours lents us his canoe. Well Matt actually thought it was a Kayak but when we got there it was a canoe, a really big canoe. I was a bit nervous thinking how the heck am I going to steer this big canoe by myself, it has been years since I've canoed and I've never done it by myself.

Kim and I went to girl scout camp for canoeing once when we were younger. I'll never forget they told us we were going to sleep overnight in the canoes and we were both saying "What if we rollover and tip the canoe?" but they tied us together and attached us to the docks, it was pretty cool.

Anyway I've been doing pretty good with my canoeing, its just trying to follow Matt and keep him going in the right direction that is tricky. Last week we went out and it was a nice calm night only one pontoon boat out there, anchored and fishing. A small breeze got the front of my boat and I was trying to recover when I looked up Matt was heading for the boat. I'm yelling at him "MATT....MATT...TURN RIGHT....TURN RIGHT.....MAAAATTTT" The people on the boat realize he is coming for them and start yelling "HEY....HEY" I said "His name is Matt" then we're all yelling "MATT STOP....MATT" He finally looks up and is about 4 inches from running into the pontoon part. He looks at me and says "Why didn't you say something?" I thought "Oh ya, why didn't I think of that"

Then last Monday night we go up to try and get a good swim in, I always tell people at work "I'm going canoeing tonight" I find that more interesting than "I'm following my husband swimming" We were just about done 1/4 mile left to go and the sky opened up. It was raining so hard I could barely see. Then Matt did his favorite thing and turned, for no reason, he just turned right in front of me. Well I couldn't see and when I realized it, I couldn't stop or turn then "bump" I ran him over. He is fine but he wasn't happy about it, I on the other hand couldn't stop laughing. He didn't know it was raining and couldn't understand why I couldn't see him till we got to shore and I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower.

It was funny to me....I'm still laughing, is that bad?

3 comments:

Kim said...

I was so scared sleeping in that canoe even knowing we were tied together :)

That is pretty funny!

You are a GOOD wife!

Kim

~Amy said...

I am cracking up...

xxxxx said...

OH MY GOSH........... I am laughing my BUTT off after reading this! I can totally envision you running him over! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad he's okay and I'm bummed I didn't read this before our party to razz him about it! Thanks for the good chuckle today! By the way, YES, you are a good wife... and he is quite a manly man! LOL!