For the past several years now I've been trying to get to a certain concert and every year when these people come we have something going on or we are out of town and it really bums me out but this year I got to go and I was super excited.
Now I have a feeling many of you won't know who it is but I'm sure if you were there you would be singing along with me. Matt was surprised at how many songs he knew. Which I find funny since he is older than me. This is something we always laugh about, when we're driving down the road I always quiz him on the classic rock songs and he does the same to me on the 80's music. You know the game "Who sings this song?" We both know the songs but not always the group or singer. Growing up with a sister 7 years older than me I listened to what she listened to, I didn't have a choice and she always played that game on me.
So who did I go see you ask.....................Bachman-Cummings that's who. Now some of you are probably saying "Who the hell is that?" Well let me tell you these two amazing Canadians wrote the music and lyrics and sang for "The Guess Who" and "Bachman-Turner Overdrive" or BTO.
Now lets date ourselves or at least let me date myself. When I was growing up I used to sit in my living room with a pair of those big ear phones on my head (which back then were to big for me and I had to hold them on) and listen to......are you ready for this....."The Guess Who" on 8 track. Yes, we had an 8 track player and back then we didn't have as many great radio stations like we do now and we didn't have a ton of choices at my house in the 8 track department. It also seemed like every time I turned around the record player wasn't working so I listed to "The Guess Who" and I loved them. I believe it was the greatest hits album.
It was so much fun listening to all those old tunes. So many times when they would start a song I would get goose bumps. Songs like "American Woman", "No Sugar Tonight", "These Eyes" & "Laughing". It took me right back to sitting in this big chair we had with those big ear phones on.......Ahhhhhhhh those were the good old days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know all those songs you named :) That must date me too. It's like I hung out with you or something :)
Kim
"WHO the hell is that?" is exactly what I was thinking! LOL! Glad you had fun... on another note... You are a GREAT storyteller. I felt like I was sitting right there next to you while listening through headphones! Keep writing, girl! You are a natural!
I LOVE the song "These Eyes" ..."these eyes are cryin' these eyes have seen a lot of loves but they're never gonna see another one like I had with you..oooh ooooh oooh ooooooh!!!"
I'm belting it out....
Post a Comment