Tuesday, December 2, 2008

October 2008

Well now, that is a really lame title for a blog but since I'm 2 months behind I think I will just sum it up.

It was a busy month but once again it was mostly at work which left me exhausted. When I returned home from San Fran it was Matt's 40th birthday and even though we didn't have a big party we still managed to celebrate it for 3 days. I didn't get a picture of any of those outings. Just as well Matt had gone to Frankenmuth the weekend before and from what I hear they did a pretty good job of celebrating up there.

I took the Friday before my birthday & my birthday off work but I really didn't do much, mostly relaxed.

Matt ran in the Detroit Marathon for his 4th time. His knee was bugging him so his time wasn't what he would have wanted, but after all he has done this year it's no wonder it was irritated. After the race we hung out with some people Matt had met last year at the expo and has been chatting with online since then. They are great people and we plan to hang out with them more in the future. It was funny in the morning before the race I lost Matt and he still had his sweatshirt on that I was going to take from him. So I forced myself through the crazy crowd up the were Matt should be to start the race with about 1 minute left and he had given his shirt to this lady, who I thought was the people he had met before. Once all the runners left I was standing there telling this person what I was planning to do for the day, all the while thinking about how nice Matt had said she was and she was kind of ignoring me. Finally I said bye and maybe I would see them later. When Matt said he wanted to call them after the race to hang out I said I didn't think she was very friendly and he asked me when I met her. To which I replied this morning only to find out that was a complete stranger. They must have thought I was nuts.



We all had plans to go to Derek & Tina's October party it was a good thing I ran into Amy at the Scarecrow festival in Oxford or we would have shown up at their house and nobody would have been there. Well Tina did send out a email to let everyone know the party was cancelled because of her moms party and their crazy life as well. We did miss it but Kim, Bill, Matt and I went out to celebrate our birthday's at The Oxbow in Grand Blanc. Kim & I split a Trash Can which is a 64oz Long Island Ice Tea. It is very good and only 9 bucks. It was a lot of fun.

Devils night October 30th we went to Romeo. There is this road I think it's Tillman and just about every house on the street decorate for Halloween. It was so cool we are planning to go back next year. I will let everyone know and we can make a night of it. I took pictures but they just don't do it justice.



Halloween was okay but I got sick, I think it was to much junk food at work. Well that is about it doesn't sound that busy but it was and I know I'm forgetting something that is why I shouldn't wait so long to do this.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I love that story about the sweatshirt :) LOL!!!

I would love to do the Halloween thing next year. Looks amazing!