Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Letter From Matt

Good afternoon to all!!

Here we are - just one week from today until the 2008 Ford Ironman Lake Placid. July 20th has been circled on my calendar for over a year now. I'm as ready now as I'll ever be.

The training has been challenging to say the least, but the motivation to raise money and awareness for the MS Society far outweighs the rigors of training. During the swim, bike, and run portions of the Ironman, I'll have the MS Society logo front and center for all to see for maximum exposure on the course. We will send photos for everyone to see.

Errica has been awesome as my training partner, helping to keep my sanity during all the hours on the bike, laps around the lake, and miles along the trails. She will join my Mom and my Aunt Nancy in Lake Placid this week for all the festivities and as my official cheering section.

I'm sending the link to the memorial page on the MS Michigan Chapter website, which goes into detail about the Ironman, our fundraising efforts, and the upcoming September 13th, 1st Annual Gilbert Weber Memorial Golf Outing. Our goal by the end of 2008 is to raise $3000 for the MS Society. We have a long way to go, but many events and resources to help make it happen.

Anything you can do to help us is most appreciated. If you can golf in the outing, we'd love to have you there. If you can donate, awesome- you can do so on the memorial page. If you want to volunteer at the golf outing, please let us know as well.

If anyone is interested, you can track my progress during race day at the official website of the Lake Placid Ironman at: http://www.ironmanusa.com I'm hoping to finish around 13-14 hours, but finishing is the main objective.

Please visit our memorial page, we will be updating everyone when we return from Lake Placid!http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Events/MIGChapter?px=1836449&pg=fund&fr_id=7429

Thanks to everyone,
Matt

He is such a good writer. I hope everyone will come out for the gulf outing I will be emailing the flyer again soon as we need to get the teams registered.

4 comments:

~Amy said...

Joel & I are golfing for sure! If you could mail me another flyer that would be great! GO MATT!! You'll be in our hearts and minds on the 20th. ~Amy & Joel

Kim said...

Matt~

I was thinking of you this past weekend when I did the MS Bike150.
Your father was in my thoughts also.

Good Luck, I know you can do it.

We are not going to be able to attend the golf outing this year but would love to donate and participate next year.

I have CTMH Regionals that weekend which are usually out of State and just so happen to be in Novi this time which I just found out.

Bill's dad also invited us that same weekend to Mackinac for his antique show.

Why do things always fall on the same weekends? Like I said, we would love to do the 2nd annual memorial golf event and donate to a wonderful cause.

Good Luck!

Kim

Heather Leigh said...

Kev and I want to golf! Email another flyer. GO MATT!

xxxxx said...

so, So, SO proud of your accomplishments! You are an inspiration to us all!