Saturday, July 12, 2008

4th of July

I think we finally found some balance. I always look forward to long weekends and then by the time I go back to work I'm exhausted from trying to get too much done. I went into this weekend with some grand plans of getting a bunch of stuff done around this house. Ever since Matt started all this training stuff, be it a Marathon, 200mile bike rides or Ironman we have managed to put things around the house off. Now I'm not saying nothing has been done in 3 years but I feel like we should be a little further than we are. So I had big plans but Matt convinced me that we should just relax for the weekend and well he is a salesman. Overall I think we came to a pretty good compromise between work and play.

Friday we worked in the yard a bit, just the basics, mow the lawn, clean up after the dogs and stuff like that. Then we went to dinner at a friends and then we went to see Ted Nugent. Now that is good people watching! When we were young Kim & I went to see Ted many times at either the Wipe Lash Bash on New Years Eve or one of his many summer concerts at Pine Knob. I remember you couldn't go 3 feet on the hill before you ran into another person you knew and I don't remember that many Red Neck's then as there were this time. It was like a camouflage convention. There were a few songs that brought back some bitter sweet memories of listening to Ted with my brother and Jimmy but all in all it was a great concert. Ted sounded amazing, in fact a couple times I would have sworn he wasn't playing live it was just like listening to the radio but he would change it up just enough so you knew he was really playing. It was his 6,000 concert...think about that he has been playing about 40 years, that is at least 150 concerts a year for 40 years. WOW.

Saturday - Matt ran in the morning, then rode his bike up to our friends place up on the lake (40 miles). I drove up with the dogs, we weren't there but 2 minutes and the dogs were in the lake, they just love it up there. Matt went for a swim shortly after we got there and Mike & I (and the dogs) stayed with him in the boat. Then it was hard to get the dogs off the boat, they like boat rides. They are so funny!






Sunday - More work in the morning. Matt got the garage cleaned up for the most part and I painted the doors but I think I need another coat. Later we went to his sisters for dinner and hung out for a while.

See pretty balanced weekend, I'll have to remember that.

By the way anyone having trouble with slide.com. I've tried several times to upload pictures and it looks like it is doing it then there is nothing there. Any other ways to create slides? Let me know.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ted Nugent, that does bring back some bitter sweet memories :(

Sorry we couldn't make it! Glad you ended up going.

Sounds like you did have a well balanced weekend.

Kim