Have you ever felt like you've been super busy but you don't feel like you have really done anything? That is how I have felt the last 2 months. As you know we went to Boston, already talked about that. I was back for a week then went to Tina & Derek's for a First Annual Cinco de Mayo party, then off to LA for work got back late Wednesday night or actually early Thursday and then last Friday we had small Girls Night Out. I think it's work that is making me busy, this week I don't think I've left before 6:30pm, hardly left my desk even to go to the bathroom let alone eat lunch.
So let's discuss Cinco de Mayo. Matt and I are are convinced that there is a Time Warp at Tina & Derek's. We walk in and the next thing you know it's 3am. I guess it's really just a reflection on how much fun we all have over there that the time just goes by so fast you don't realize it but even when you have full intentions of getting out of there at a reasonable hour it just doesn't happen. This time wasn't as bad as some of the past parties we actually left about 1:30am. Problem was I still had to pack and be ready to leave by 9:30am. Let me tell you, that was ruff.
Now let me tell you about LA.......what a pain in the ass that was. Now I can't say it wasn't worth it because I did get to stay at a really nice place and meet some of the new people we have working out there that haven't been to out office yet (Usually they come here because we are the headquarters) and I think they learned some things but I think a video conference would have worked just as well. My biggest problem is that I'm so backed up on my own job with nobody backing me up while I'm out and doing work for the people the laid off in San Carlos. You know how it works get ride of 2 and make 1 take over, whatever. It just really stresses me out, I hate people waiting for me so they can do their job. I stop complaining now.
Then last Friday we (Kim, Courtney, Amy, Heather and I) went out to Hamlin Pub for a girls night. It was fun I just was still a little out of sorts from the LA trip.
See busy doing nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Look at you on a roll! Even posting slide shows.
You go girl!
Too funny! I often feel like there is a time warp at our house, too! And YES! I, too, feel like I am soooo busy doing nothing sometimes! LOL!
Post a Comment